So I let a story bug me until I had to start on rewriting it. The Carnival short I did for my first Shock Totem flash contest entry has been itching. The short was just under 1,000 words and I thought, hey, I can do this easy. Be done with it over the weekend.
Maybe I ought to be careful about thinking like that. After my good friend Miss Hinny looked over the final draft for the Flash contest, I took her suggestion and started rearranging some things. That led to some more character developments and that led to me examining the actual conflict of the story itself.
I have just over 850 words at the moment. This will double if not triple in size before I am done.
So update on writing today will be working on rewriting Carnival. I should be able to finish it by at least mid week.